Buying a Home in Shasta or Tehama County Imagine buying your dream home. Let our experienced staff help you make it happen.
Reasons to Own Real Estate Today in Shasta and Tehama Counties.
- Housing is typically the most conservative, leveraged investment.
- You are paying for housing whether you own or decide to rent.
- Owning a home is considered a “forced savings account”.
- There can be significant tax benefits to owning a home.
- Owning a home is a hedge against inflation (rent inflation).
Ideal Investment Formula … A Proven Strategy
How We Find the Best Homes For Sale in Shasta and Tehama County
- We preview the best properties daily (best buys are identified).
- We devote several hours a day looking for future sellers.
- We conduct “for sale by owner” research.
- We conduct foreclosure research.
- We conduct rental research for possible sale.
- We contact and network with agents from other offices.
- We review coming soon listing databases.
Determine Your Current Housing Situation
- When do you want to be in your new home?
- If you are renting, do you have a lease?
- Do you currently own a home?
- Does your current home need to be sold first?
- What are your concerns about buying a home?
- How long do you plan to own your home?
- Are you performing a 1031 tax-deferred exchange?
Get Be Pre-Qualified
- Everyone knows that the best homes sell quickly.
- Sellers are looking for the most qualified buyers when they make decisions.
- Having a pre-qualified letter from a lender shows the seller that you are prepared to purchase.
- In multiple offer situations, the most qualified buyer wins.
- We can recommend the best lenders to match your needs
Determine The Requirements Of Your New Home
- Square Feet
- Lot Size
- Garage / shop
- R.V. parking
Determine The Best Way To View Properties
- Auto e-mail
- Pro-search on website
- Phone calls
- Preview homes with an agent
- What are the best times to view
- The best homes sell fast; so have a plan
Identify Decision Makers
- Do you have any family or friends who need to approve your new purchase? Let’s include them in the buying process early! This can make the process much easier and help you make a great buying decision.
- Remember, even in today’s market, time is of the essence. Having a plan from the start can make the difference.
Have Money On Hand
- Every written offer must accompany a good faith deposit usually equal to 1% of the purchase price.
- The larger the good faith deposit is, the stronger the offer will look to the seller.
- Inspections typically cost $500 or less and home appraisals typically cost around $500.
Home Search Outline
- When you select our team to assist you with your home search, you may be asked to complete a home search outline.
- This outline provides valuable information to the team regarding your desired home. When we are in the field listing homes, we will compare your requirements to the homes we are listing.
- This outline also puts the telemarketing department on notice. They will make a list of the owners in your desired areas and call to locate future sellers.
How To Write An Offer
- After we locate a property to purchase, we 1st determine market value by comparing similar homes that have sold and that are for sale.
- After determining an offer price, we prepare the written offer and present it to the seller.
- We negotiate the offer until an agreement is made between the buyer and seller.
- Once the offer is accepted, we open escrow and send the good faith deposit to the title/escrow company.
When Do We Notify The Lender?
- After an agreement is made, we will send a copy of the contract to the lender.
- The lender enters the information i.e. purchase price, length of escrow and down payment into their system and calendars all deadlines.
- The appraisal is ordered.
- A cost breakdown is given to you by the lender. This will give you the approximate monthly payment and amount of money that is needed to be brought in at the closing.
When Do We Order Inspections?
- Every offer to purchase has an inspection period.
- This inspection period provides you with an opportunity to perform a whole house inspection, termite inspection and any other inspections that you deem appropriate.
- We will order all of the desired inspections for you.
- We will provide you with copies of all seller disclosures to review.
- The average inspection periods last 21 days in Shasta and Tehama County.
Review Estimated Closing Statements
- Within a few days of close of escrow, we will review the closing statements.
- We will ensure that all figures are accurate.
- Once the statements are approved, we set a time for you to sign at the title company.
Pre-Move In And Final Walk-Thru
- Together we will perform a final walk-thru. This walk-thru is conducted to ensure that any requested repairs have been completed.
- Prior to the close of escrow, our team will provide you with the phone numbers to the appropriate utility companies for easy setup.
- We will help arrange mail.
- Keys will be obtained for your new home.
- Once we close escrow, the keys to your new home will be delivered to you.
If you see a home of interest, call us first! We have access to all the homes listed with any real estate company. Please call us with any questions: 530-222-3800
Josh Barker and his entire team were a delight to work with. They were always all very quick to respond to my messages and answer my questions. Josh is very knowledgeable of the local real estate market–he helped to ensure that my house was appropriately priced, thus maximizing my sales profit to its fullest potential through an immediate bidding war. After a 21 day all cash close, I am not in escrow on the purchase of my next home, also thanks to the help of Josh’s team. This entire experience has been a dream come true, and has far exceeded any and all of my expectations. -Simonne R.
Josh Barker is excellent and very personable. I would recommend him to everyone. His office girls are super helpful and always professional. Josh’s office did a great job for me!! Thank you, Josh and all the office staff!!! -Tiffany E.
Josh was prompt in responding to all of our needs during the selling and buying process. Regardless of the fact that our house was not being sold for a high price he made us feel that we were important clients and he gave our property what we felt like 100% of his attention. When showings were slowing down he personally visited our vacant property to assess what could be the problem. His high paced, aggressive staff kept us informed on all the details from property listing to escrow details. Josh has many people working for him to help the process move quickly but he was always personally checking in with us on profess and ensuring we had every questions answered and that we were satisfied with our sale. We highly recommend Josh Barker and his team for an outstanding buyer and/or selling experience. -Kelli and Rustin S.
Josh Barker is professional. He was easy to contact, quick to reply to questions and very knowledgeable about the local housing market. He negotiated a smooth real estate transaction and took care of all the details associated with selling a house. We will not hesitate to use Josh Barker as our Real Estate Agent in the future. -Julie and Lane C.
I have used Josh Barker to buy and see 2 homes in Redding over the past 10 years. I have experienced both sides of the extreme housing markets. Josh Barker and his team of experts removed ALL stressed associated to buying and selling. From the moment you make the decision to buy or sell, Josh and his team do the rest. They are always available, informative, professional and leave you with the feeling of ease during a potentially very stressful time. I would 100% recommend Josh Barker during your next home buying or selling experience. -Jeff B.
As first-time home buyers, Josh Barker and his team made this intimidating process an enjoyable one. He not only paired us with a wonderful member of his Realtor staff, but he personally insured out needs were being met throughout all stages of the process. Each and every member of his staff always made us feel like they genuinely cared and had our best interests in mind. We will definitely be recommending all of our family and friends go through Josh and his team of professionals! -Chris and Sara C.
Josh Barker and his team of professionals helped me through the sale of my home. From the beginning, I immediately felt taken care of and knew that Josh had my best interest at heart. Josh’s extensive knowledge of the market and supreme marketing plan allowed for multiple offers and for me to sell my home at asking price! If you are looking for a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy agent you can’t go wrong with Josh Barker!
Listing our home with Josh Barker was absolutely a wonderful experience. Josh and his team were always in contact with us through the entire process. They are highly skilled professionals and treated us with the utmost respect. We were given multiple offers the first few days on the market. Yes….very impressive. Our home sold for much more than we expected, thanks to Josh Barker’s excellence in marketing, valuation and extensive knowledge. Would I recommend Josh Barker and his fantastic team? Oh yes, in a heart beat! -Nedra and Jack G.
Buying and selling a home is not just a transaction, it is your life, your family, your fiances and so much more. We have used Josh and his crew on 3 occasions now and have come to know and love them like family. If you are looking for an honest and ethical realtor Josh Barker should be your first and only phone call. We are proud to call him our realtor and our friend. -Mike and Jenny C.
Josh Barker and his associates are simply the best! I’ve bought and sold 4 houses, using different realtors for each transactions. But I will only go with Josh Barker for all my future real estate needs! He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt. He got our house sold for top dollar in just a few weeks. Thanks for everything! -Jennifer A.
We were very happy with the service and knowledge that Josh Barker and his team brought to the table in our real estate negotiations. We are confident that with out Josh we would have paid significantly more for the property, would not have been as well informed regarding the property and then tenants therein, and that this would have been a different transaction all together. Even after the close of escrow Josh and his team have continued to help us out with questions to the former owner. We heartily recommend Josh for all of our real estate needs. -Alan K.
I have rarely had the pleasure to do business with such a team of professionals. Josh met with me personally to explain how the members of his staff would work together with my wife and I to come to a successful conclusion in the sale of our home. Each member of this organization had specific responsibilities in the sale process, and each and everyone did their job to perfection. It is gratifying to find a group of people that are so dedicated to their clients. I heartily recommend Josh Barker for all your Real Estate needs. -Gordy S.